11 - 12 Sept 2018 Watershed Studio, Essex. Mixed Media ‘Big Sky and Marshes’ 2 day workshop!
Bookings now being taken - limited places only available on a first come, first served basis
The Watershed Studio
Watershed Studio, Clacton-on-Sea, Essex
Two fantastic 'Big Sky and Marshes' painting workshops await for 2018 at the wonderful Watershed Studio, Clacton-on-Sea, Essex.
Being so close to the sea (but with the studio set amidst a tranquil rural setting), it's not surprising that for this popular 2 day workshop the theme will be 'Big Skies over saltmashes and creeks' for our exciting expressive painting and drawing workshops together.
Using lots of different black and white drawing media (with some tinted colour tones) you will explore lots of creative techniques with your expressive drawings that will be filled with loose atmosheric expression.
Watercolour, gouache, acrylic ink (optional) and pastel will be used in this, your exciting second day workshop to combine lovely multiple layers of sumptuous colour with expression to create a mixed media painting that is sure to impress!
Both workshops are perfect for artists with some experience wanting to take the next step forward with ‘free flowing’ and expressive, contemporary paintings techniques by both drawing and painting at the same time.
Using big brush techniques and a bold approach, these engaging workshops will inspire you with confidence as you learn how to control large washes of colour whilst at the same time enjoying creative freedom watching your expressive paintings steadliy unfold.
Important: your own 'Big sky and marshes' reference to work from (photos, sketches and so on) are highly recommended as those provided on the day to use cannot be taken away.
By Car. Watershed Studio is located at St Clere's Hall Lane, St Osyth, Clacton on Sea, Essex, CO16 8RX From the A12 you need to take the A120, signposted to Harwich, then the A133 turn-off to Clacton. St Osyth is approx 8 miles east of Colchester and 4 miles west of Clacton on Sea on the north Essex coast.
By train. Clacton on Sea is the nearest station from which taxis or buses can be taken to the village.
The studio and all facilities are on one level and there is plenty of parking directly outside.
For further information visit http://www.watershedstudio.co.uk/how2findus.html or give Alison a call directly on 01255 820466
Your value 2 day workshop is £160
For students travelling long distances and in need of local accommodation, a wide range of hotels, guest houses and travel lodges can be found within a few minutes’ drive from the studio. Contact Alison for more information and advice.
How to Book your workshops
Telephone Alison on 01255 820466 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org for all enquires.
Lunch and all refreshments are included. Please advise Alison of any particular dietary requirements when booking.
For further information about your workshops contact
Alison Bond, Watershed Studio St Clere's Hall Lane, St Osyth, Clacton on Sea, Essex, CO16 8RX
Tel: 01255 820466
What will be provided:
- A wonderful buffet lunch together with tea, coffee and biscuits are available throughout the day on both workshops
- Some photographic reference for you to work from (but bringing your own is highly recommended)
- Watershed Studio have a few easels and table easels and plenty of boards but bring your own easel if preferred
What you will need to bring:
- Fixative (not hairspray!).
- 300gsm (140lb) watercolour paper. 100% cotton/rag content papers highly recommended. Large drawing board, An easel of your choice.
- Masking tape, bulldog clips to attach your work to your board
- White ceramic plates (3 or 4) on which to mix your paints with several old jam jars for clean water mixing or similar colour mixing equipment
- Watercolour, gouache to include Permanent White and black gouache as tube paints - essential! DO NOT bring watercolour pans please!
- Your own good quality reference photos of 'big skies and marshes/fens/creeks' etc, and so on to work from. A4 print outs - highly recommended.
- Don't forget your camera
- Large watercolour brushes such as Mops, Flats, Hakes and so on
- Soft and hard pastels as a mixture of colours (any brand for both types but Unison, Sennelier and Rembrandt are highly recommended)
- Acrylic inks (optional) to include metallic inks - colours of your own choice but several bright, primary and earth colours (to include indigo) highly recommended
- Your choice of black and white drawing and painting media eg. Charcoal, ink, black and white pastels and gouache, compressed charcoal, graphite sticks, erasers etc