17 June ‘19 ‘Artwaves’ Expressive Seascape with pastels and ink
Immediate booking highly recommended from bridlington spa booking office direct late 2018 onwards. Another very popular workshop which sells out quickly!
Monday 17 June 2019.
'Bright Ocean Light, deep dark seas'
10am - 4.30pm at Bridlington Spa 'Artwaves Festival'
The emphasis for this exciting workshop is to express atmospheric effects by developing students ability to create deep rich darks to contrast with bright ocean pools of light over a distant sea. Balancing spontaneity and control of your media you'll learn how to become more expressive with your painting on this very unique mixed media paper. Using lots of masking techniques, deep rich saturated colours and layers, you will learn how to control and explore light and dark tones to create a wonderful richly layered seascape full of depth and energy.
Using both a bold approach with big brushes loaded with plenty of saturated colours you'll learn how to use contrasting tones to create a painting full of depth.
This superb fun packed workshop will help you quickly gain the confidence to control big washes of flowing colour and mixes of deep darks to really help you develop as artists.
With regular demonstrations, one to one and group tuition throughout your workshop will learn lots to help you really develop as an artist working with like minded friendly people throughout the day.
Suitable for improvers and artists with some painting experience as well as artists who want to loosen up their style and be more free and expressive in their painting techniques.
The Spa Bridlington, South Marine Drive, Bridlington. East Riding of Yorkshire YO15 3JH
By train:The nearest main railway station in the centre of Bridlington is not far away with The Spa Bridlington being a short walk away from the railway station and is really easy to get to.
By bus: Please check Bridlington travel websites for bus routes across the East Riding.
By car: Bridlington offers many park and ride sites, there is on street parking around the venue and a host of town centre car parks all within 10 minutes walk from the venue. - Map Attached.
How to Book your workshop and the cost
The price of your workshop is a very generous £29.50 ONLY (due to sponsorship).
FOR ALL BOOKING ENQUIRIES PLEASE CONTACT BRIDLINGTON SPA BOOKING OFFICE DIRECTLY
Please Book through the online box office system at www.thespabridlington.com or call 'The Spa' Bridlington on 01262 678258 or email email@example.com to book your place.
Places are limited to 15 students only.
Please use this link to book this workshop
For further information about your workshops contact:
ArtWaves Festival Team on 01262 678258
What will be provided:
- Light refreshments are included throughout the workshop. However, please be advised to bring your own packed lunch. Cafe also on site at The Spa, Bridlington with a selection of hot and cold food available to purchase.
What you will need to bring:
- Fixative (not hairspray!).
- Soft and hard pastels (various colours and brands of your choice) Unison pastels highly recommended.
- Large drawing board and an easel of your choice if you want to work upright
- Masking tape
- Your own good quality reference photos of seascapes, sketches and so on to work from. A4 good quality printouts highly recommended. Some provided but have to be returned at the end of the workshop
- Canson Mi-Tientes 'Touch' pastel paper (white). As Robert is a UK Canson Ambassador you can purchase your pastel paper directly from Robert on the day if you wish. £5 per full Imperial Sheet
- Your own favourite brushes - the larger the better to include 2 inch flats, large mops, size 30 rounds and Large Swordliner highly recommended
- A variety of acrylic inks (any brand) colours of your choice to include white
- Masking fluid and old A4 photocopier paper (or similar)
- White old ceramic plates on which to mix your INKS (or similar)
- Medium sized containers for wells of mixed ink
- Masking fluid highly recommended and an old brush to apply it
- A notebook and camera
- Protective sheet of folder to secure your painting from damage on the way home