19 October ‘Autumn woodland and reflections’ Derwent Inktense workshop Bardsey Village Hall
Workshop now well over half full!
Bardsey Village Hall
Bardsey Village Hall is situated in beautiful countryside alongside the A58 road a few miles south west of the market town of Wetherby. The hall has recently been refurbished and is spacious, warm, well lit and has plenty of free parking. The hall is easy to get to being a short distance from junction 45 on the A1(M).
'Autumn woodland and reflections' workshop (9.30am - 4.30pm).
Derwent Art materials support this workshop and have generously provided every student who attends with a 24 coloured set each of Derwent Inktense blocks to work during the workshop with several sets of inktense pencils too to share.
This workshop provides you with the ideal opportunity to 'try before you buy' this fantastic media to create a very colourful Autumn woodland scene indeed!
Derwent Inktense Blocks and pencils are unique as a media. They provide permanent colours in your paintings so washes stay super clean and radient. They work really well on all sorts of different papers and surfaces which you will find out when you bring your favourite paper with you to the workshop - the choice and size being entirely your own.
AT LEAST 300gsm (140lb) 100% rag content watercolour paper 'not surface' is highly recommended to allow you some textured effects to be created in your work and detail at the same time. Woodpulp papers are likely not to be strong enough for the techniques shown in this workshop so please bring an alternative if you can.
Expert tuition throughout the day teaching you indepth techniques with demonstrations, group and one to one tuition throughout the day with in depth knowledge and experience using Derwent Inktense to help you create a painting full of expression, warm and glowing colours and movement.
The workshop is aimed at artists with some experience and improvers who wish to try a loose and more expressive approach using this very popular, new and versatile art media created by Derwent.
Class restricted to 18 students only to ensure maximum tuition for each student throughout the day.
The Spring Derwent Inktense workshop sold out really quickly and this one is going to be really popular too so early booking highly recommended!
How to book
To book your place please click on the link provided at the bottom of the page (secure payment facility via paypal) or if preferred to pay by cheque or another means, please contact me directly on 0113 2252481 or email me at email@example.com
Loction and venue
Bardsey Village Hall is situated in the centre of the picturesque village of Bardsey alongside the A58 road a few miles South West of the market town of Wetherby and close to junction 46 from the A1. The hall has modern facilities with good lighting and easy on site parking with no car parking fees!
Bardsey Village Hall, Woodacre Lane, Leeds LS17 9DG
For further information needed about this exciting workshop please contact me on 0113 2252481 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What will be provided:
- 24 Derwent Inktense Blocks (a popular mid range set) for every student each to use on the day. This is a 'try before you buy' workshop without you having to buy them first
- Regular demonstrations, group and one to one expert tuition throughout the day
- Tea and coffee and light refreshments provided throughout the day
- CANSON Moulin du Roy 300gsm (140lb) 'not' 100% cotton watercolour paper available to buy if required at £2.50 half imperial sheet or £5 full imperial sheet
- A selection of several Derwent Inktense coloured pencils sets in 24 colours to share between all students throughout the workshop
What you will need to bring:
- Your own photographs or reference to work from is advisable but some will be provided for you to work from if you wish (to be returned at the end of the workshop). Subjects to choose from - Autumn woodlandwith or without mountain streams, reflective lakes/
- Drawing board to support your choice of paper size you bring with you
- Masking tape or bulldog clips to fasten your paper to the board
- Choice of large and medium size wells to mix your Derwent Inktense colours
- At least 3 large mixing jars/pots (for clean water)
- Kitchen roll
- A packed lunch AS LUNCH IS NOT PROVIDED!
- Bring your camera - you may want to take photos as a reminder of the different stages demonstrated in the workshop
- Your own 100% rag content watercolour paper 300lb (140lb) 'not' highly recommended
- Please bring a dust sheet if you work vertically from an easel
- Wooden table easel or metal upright easel to work from as you with. Demonstration will work upright and on the table in this workshop. You may like to do the same
- Permanent White gouache - ESSENTIAL!
- Large watercolour brushes - the larger the better! At lease 2 inch flats please if you can. Highly recommended is the Pro Arte Series 106 One Stroke 2 inch flat for example.
- A choice of other large and small sized brushes to include Large Swordliner. Chinese brushes and mops highly recommended but bring what you can.
- An old hog brush for texture effects with Fluid Derwent Inktense washes