2 and 3 March 2019 Semi Abstract Rocks and Trees. Mixed media weekend in North Derbyshire
Final 2 places remaining!
The Old House Studio in the Peak District
The old House Studio is set amidst beautiful open scenery in the Longdendale Valley with magnificent views over the Rhodeswood Resevour and surounding moors in the magnificent Peak District.
With farmhouse, annex and fabulous new and modern studio, this peaceful and relaxing haven is perfect for our weekend 'art retreat' weekend where you will learn lots!
Situated 3 miles from Glossop and with some of Derbyshire's best attractions being close by such as Buxton, Castleton, Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall to name but a few, The Old House Studio offers an amazing and unique place to learn new art skills.
Semi abstract landscape forms - Rocks and trees
2 and 3 March 2019
A great weekend workshop awaits at The Old House Studio exploring a wide variety of contemporary art techniques with different media creating a single expressive finished semi abstract painting over two exciting creative days.
You will learn how to layer colours in both a free and expressive way, then judge what happens and use these instinctive marks to create a painting with with timely processes and layering using different media that will move your creativity into new and exciting directions.
By focusing on one painting over two days you will learn how to confidently take a concept to conclusion in a single piece of work and turn the 'ordinary' into the 'extrodinary' during the process. By following Roberts step by step demonstrations throughout the weekend your mixed media painting will be strong in composition, engaging in visual surface texture and above all exciting and rewarding to have achieved with a real professional outcome.
Suitable for improvers and artists with some previous painting experience as well as artists who want to loosen up their style and be more free and expressive whilst having a great leaning experience together.
The Old House Studio, woodhead Road, Torside, Glossop, Derbyshire SK13 1HU
Some limited accommodation is available for artists staying the full weekend and for distance travellers. Early booking highly recommended!
From Glossop town centre (A57) take B6105 signposted Barnsley. Proceed approx 3 miles along this road where you will reach a sharp bend called Devil's Elbow and continue for another 500yards. The Old House Studio is situated on the left hand side 50 yards below the road. A warm welcome awaits upon your arrival!
How to Book your workshop and the cost
The price of your workshop is a very generous £160 for the full weekend.
Please contact Joanne or James Crook to book your place directly by calling 01457 857527 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to secure your place.
Places are limited to 8 STUDENTS ONLY and there are not many places left so booking right now is highly recommended!
For further information about your workshops contact:
Joanne or James direct or visit http://www.pennine-art.uk/
What will be provided:
- Tea and coffee and light refreshments all day as and when required
- Home cooked food and tasty generous l 2 course lunches each day on your workshop
- Regular demonstrations, group and one to one tuition throughout each day
- Hassle free paper to purchase for your workshop from Canson Ambassador Robert Dutton at £2.50 per half Imperial sheet and £5 full Imperial sheet
What you will need to bring:
- Large drawing board (size depending on how you like to work)
- Masking tape and bulldog clips
- Your own good quality reference photos (or similar) of seascapes to work from. Some good quality A4 provided to work from but cannot be taken away.
- Canson Moulin du Roy 'not and 'rough' 300gsm (140lb) 100% cotton watercolour paper highly recommended.
- Gouache and/or Watercolour TUBE PAINTS (your own favourite colours). Pan paints in any watercolour box will not do!!
- Soft and hard pastels. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED UNISONCOLOUR and ROYAL TALENS REMBRANDT
- Pastel fixative (any brand) but not hairspray please!
- Canson Moulin du Roy 'not' 300gsm (140lb) 100% cotton watercolour paper highly recommended.
- Large watercolour brushes (approximately 'size 30 round'), large Mops, Hakes and so on highly recommended
- Large containers or palettes with wells and water pots to mix your paints
- Permanent White Gouache is ESSENTIAL!
- Scrap paper - A4 envelope size recommended
- Kitchen Roll
- Acrylic inks - Various colours (students choice similar to your favorite watercolours). Royal Talens acrylic inks highly recommended.
- An old large 'hog' brush
- Masking fluid
- Don't forget your camera and notebook to record each stage
- Solid 4B graphite stick (eg Lyra brand) and an eraser