2 Dec ‘17. Atmospheric Seascapes in Mixed Media, Cambridgeshire
LAST PLACES NOW REMAINING!
The Old School Studio, Cambridgeshire
Built as a school in 1865 and packed full of charm, husband and wife team Val & Dave Pettifer (Val being the artist, Dave her 'facilities manager' and husband) have been running Old School Studio in Whittlesford, Cambridgeshire since April 2013. The studio has become a popular venue for artistically minded people, offering a wide range of art events throughout the year with some really great named artists so I'm really pleased to announce I'll be there in 2017!
Old School Studio is set amidst beautiful and charming countryside in the heart of Cambridgeshire and being modern, warm and friendly, spacious and fully equipped, who could ask for more. See you there!
Join international award winning artist Robert Dutton at the Old School Studio for this brand new workshop focusing on the world of exciting and expressive mixed media painting. Robert’s enthusiastic way of tutoring will soon have you working in a wide variety of ways to create fabulous atmospheric seascapes on a large scale, using large brushes. The result’s will be paintings that command attention!
Your 10am - 4pm mixed media workshop will teach you lots of contemporary mixed media painting techniques using big brushes and bold markmaking to create a dramatic seascape filled with drama! Contrast light, space and colour with texture and expression. A fabulous and exciting workshop awaits!
Class restricted to 12 STUDENTS ONLY so early booking is highly recommended!
Who should attend?
This workshop is best suited to individuals with some experienced of painting with water-based mediums such as watercolour, gouache and acrylics. Robert will be give demonstrations and plenty of and individual support through-out the day.
Location and getting there
Driving? Less than a mile from junction 10 off M11, where it meets A505. SatNav: Post code CB22 4YS
Public Transport? Catch a direct train from Cambridge or London Liverpool Street Stn to Whittlesford Parkway Station which is approx 1.4 miles from the Studio. A regular bus service picks up from the corner of Old School Lane. Please look up bus schedules before travelling.
Parking? Is FREE at The Old School Studio!
If you are approaching from the M11 come off at Junction 10 – A505 Duxford and Royston
From the South take the 3rd exit A505, from the North take the 1st exit A505 heading for Duxford and Whittlesford. After about 500 yards you will take the first turning on your left signed Whittlesford, Hill Farm Road. Travel about ½ mile until you see another Whittlesford sign and turn right into West End continuing for approximately ½ mile (West End turns into High Street as you take a left hand bend). Before you reach the junction (Post Office on the right) you will reach Old School Lane on the left; there is a bus stop on the corner of the turning.
If you are approaching from the East on the A505
Take the second Whittlesford turning on your right (not the Station turning) into Moorfield Road which leads into Duxford Road. Continue for approximately ½ mile passing the village green on your right. Take a ‘sharp’ left turn into the High Street (there is a red telephone box on the opposite side of the road). Old School Lane is the first turning on the right (bus stop on the corner).
How to book
For more information about this really great value for money workshop and to book your place telephone Val on 01223 833064 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you need help with local accommodation Val will only be too happy to help. A list of reccommended accomodation is provided on The Old School Studio website here http://www.theoldschoolstudio.co.uk/planning-your-visit-2/
What will be provided:
- The studio supplies table-top & Free Standing Easels, Drawing boards & Water Pots
- Tea, coffee & biscuits, but please bring a packed lunch as lunch is NOT provided
What you will need to bring:
- Acrylic Inks - favourite colours of your choice, Daler Rowney FW with some metallic, Liquitex or Royal Talens 'Ecoline'
- Watercolour (tubes) and/or Gouache in your favourite colours - PERMANENT WHITE GOUACHE ESSENTIAL!
- Suggested colours: Magenta, Winsor Violet, Alizarin Crimson, Cadmium Orange, Burnt Sienna, Cadmium Yellow Deep, Quinacridone Gold, Lemon Yellow, Viridian, Cerulean Blue, Cobalt Blue, Winsor Blue, Prussian Blue, Ultramarine Blue, Indigo, Yellow Ochre, Winso
- Gesso and pumice (Vallejo brand highly recommended)
- Good quality (300gsm/140Ib NOT) watercolour paper - Robert uses Canson Moulin du Roy ‘NOT’ 300gsm (140Ib), highly recommended & can be purchased from Robert @ £5.00 per full imperial sheet on the day
- A selection of Soft & Hard pastels, including a selection of darks (Robert recommends Sennelier Dark Blue 463 & a selection of Rembrandt pastels), white also essential
- A selection of watercolour brushes, but must include some LARGE brushes: Mops, Daggers, Swordliners, Rounds & Chisels - plus whatever else you may have (Robert recommends Pro Arte Series 50, 106, & 101 Chisels)
- Large Hake Brush & an old hog brush
- Palettes - bring large ceramic and/or enamel plates
- Masking fluid
- Old scrap paper to use as masking - A4 size photocopy paper ideal
- Apron, kitchen roll
- Fixative - any brand, but NOT hairspray please!
- Reference photographs
- Notebook & pen
- Your own packed lunch