23 February 2018 ‘Fresh Spring Greens and Bluebell Woods’ - Derwent Inktense workshop
The ease of use with these amazing art materials will ensure ANOTHER popular workshop! Early booking highly recommended to secure your place
Bardsey Village Hall
Bardsey Village Hall is situated in beautiful countryside alongside the A58 road a few miles south west of the market town of Wetherby. The hall has recently been refurbished and is spacious, warm, well lit and has plenty of free parking. The hall is easy to get to being a short distance from junction 45 on the A1(M).
Friday 23 February 2018 ‘Fresh Spring Greens and Bluebell Woods'
Derwent 'Inktense' workshop
9.30am - 4.30pm
This 'try before you buy' creative workshop with provide you with more than an insight into the amazing 'colourful world of Derwent Inktense' as we explore a whole variety of techniques with these really versatile art products throughout the day.
You will learn how to create clean multi layers with wet in wet colourful washes and glazes like watercolour, building your painting with depth and expression whilst creating extra visual textural effects with drawn marks with Intense like pastel - such is the versatility of these amazing creative products.
Our workshop 'Fresh Spring Greens and Bluebell Woods' (always a popular one) will also teach you how to mix clean colourful forrest and woodland greens with a carpet of Bluebells adding that extra sparckle to your stunning painting.
Once used Derwent Inktense will inpire you to try lots of creative techniques again and again - that's how good they are!
As a pastelist I just love these products and you are going to love them too! They offer so many new and exciting ways of working that this workshop provides you with an opportunity too for all the successes I've had with them.
I'm delighted that Derwent have supported this workshop as what you learn from me as I regular demonste, teach in group tuition and one to one throughout this exciting workshop is sure to inspire!
Level of ability
The workshop is aimed at artists with some previous experience (sorry, not suitable for pure beginners) and those who wish to become more expressive with their painting approach and who want to loosen up their style exploring different media in depth.
More about your workshop
Your workshop will start at 9.30am and finish at 4.30pm
'Derwent' support the workshop with their top class inkense products - freely and generously given for you to use throughout the workshop.
As a UK Canson Ambassador 'Canson Paper' also support the workshop with their unique brand of world class papers.
Class numbers restricted to 18 students for maximum learning potential for all participants
Lunch is not provided so please bring your own. The local pub in the village 'The Bingley Arms' is close by if preferred - www.bingleyarms.co.uk
How to book
To book your place please click on the link provided at the bottom of the page (secure payment facility via paypal) or if preferred to pay by cheque or another means, please contact me directly on 0113 2252481 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Bardsey Village Hall is situated in the centre of the lovely village of Bardsey just a short distance alongside the A58 road a few miles south west of the market town of Wetherby. Bardsey is easily reached from junction 45 from the A1(M) being only 10 minutes away after your turn off following the A659 and turning left along the A58.
With great facilities at the hall and the easy (free) on site parking, the hall is a popular with all art students being warm with good lighting and new improved modern facilities.
Address: Bardsey Village Hall, Woodacre Lane, Leeds LS17 9DG
For any further information about the exciting workshop ahead please contact me directly on 0113 2252481 (studio) or email me at email@example.com
To learn more about Derwent Fine Art Products visit https://www.derwentart.com/en/gb/home
What will be provided:
- A wide range of Derwent 'Inktense' water soluble pastel block colours for each student to work with throughout the day
- Good quality photographic reference of woodland scenes to work from (must be returned at the end of the workshop)
- Top class professional Canson Moulin du Roy 300gsm (140lb) 100% rag content watercolour paper to work on for your workshop. Half Imperial size provided
- Tea, coffee and a variety of biscuits available throughout the day
- Regular demonstrations, group and one to one tuition throughout the day
What you will need to bring:
- Art masking fluid
- Your own favourite watercolour brushes in a variety of sizes and styles (the bigger the better)
- Containers/palette with large wells to mix your Derwent Inktense pastels in
- Containers for water and colour mixing
- A large drawing board at least Half Imperial 22 x 15 inches to secure your paper
- An easel - table or upright if preferred
- A dust sheet for the floor if you prefer to work upright
- Kitchen roll
- Masking tape or bulldog clips to secure your paper to the board
- Notebook and camera to record proceedings (if you'd like)
- A protective cover or similar to secure your painting from damage and smudging on your way home
- Please bring your own lunch as this is not provided. The local pub in the village 'The Bingley Arms' if preferred - www.bingleyarms.co.uk
- Permanent White Gouache - ESSENTIAL!
- Old white ceramic plates (or similar) for colour mixing larger amounts of paint
- A sharp craft knife or scalpel