25 October 2019 Mixed Media Malhamdale Landscape Workshop at Bardsey Village Hall
Bookings now being taken
Bardsey Village Hall
Bardsey Village Hall is situated in beautiful countryside alongside the A58 road a few miles south west of the market town of Wetherby. The hall has recently been refurbished and is spacious, warm, well lit and has plenty of free parking. The hall is easy to get to being a short distance from junction 45 on the A1(M).
Mixed Media Malhamdale Landscape workshop 25 October 2019
9.30am - 4.30pm
A fantastic workshop to create a stunning landscape painting of the Yorkshire Dales using the ever popular Derwent 'Inktense' water soluble pastels combined with Gouache during this great creative landscape painting workshop in North Leeds (supported by Derwent).
You will learn lots of new, innovative and exciting techniques with Derwent Inktense watersoluble pastels and pencils by using them to both draw and paint at the same time. Learn how to create a stunning atmospheric Yorkshire Dales scene of Malham Cove in rich layers.
Learn how to blend, mix and layer the beautiful and versatille colour range of Derwent water soluble pastels in really exciting ways to create your expressive painting filled with atmospheric light!
Your paper provided - Canson Moulin du Roy 300gsm (140lb) 'not' 100% rag content cotton watercolour paper is one of the best high grade watercolour papers available for artists on the market. A really versatile paper with immense strength and 'workability' from the world class Canson mill in France!
With regular demonstrations, one to one and group tuition throughout your workshop you will learn lots with like minded friendly people throughout the day.
Suitable for improvers and artists who want to loosen up their style and be more free and expressive with their work. A great leaning experience too with a 'try before you buy' opportunity using choosing different media having gained insight for future creative directions.
Workshop restricted to 18 students only for maximum learning potential for everyone during the day.
Bardsey Village Hall is situated in the centre of the lovely village of Bardsey just a short distance alongside the A58 road a few miles south west of the market town of Wetherby. Bardsey is easily reached from junction 45 from the A1(M) being only 10 minutes away after your turn off following the A659 and turning left along the A58
With great facilities at the hall and the easy (free) on site parking, the hall is a popular with all art students being warm with good lighting and new improved and modern facilities.
Bardsey Village Hall, Woodacre Lane, Leeds LS17 9DG
Your full day workshop is from 9.30am - 4.30pm with a lunch time break and tea and coffee breaks between whenever you want
For further information
For any further enquires about your mixed media and 'Derwent Inktense' workshop please do get in touch by calling me on 0113 2252481 (studio) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What will be provided:
- Derwent 'Inktense' water soluble pastels to try on the day
- Canson Moulin du Roy 300gsm (140lb) 'not' 100% rag content cotton watercolour paper (half a sheet)
- Regular demonstrations and group and one to one tuition throughout the day
- Tea, coffee and biscuits provided throughout the day
- Reference provided - good quality A4 Malhamdale print outs to work from if required (must be returned at the end of the workshop)
What you will need to bring:
- Half imperial size drawing board (approximately)
- Masking tape and bulldog clips
- Large brushes and mixed sizes - watercolour and synthetic brushes for painting
- Recommended brushes size 24 to 30 'round'. Large 1.5 inch 'flats', 'chisel' and so on. Ron Ranson large 'Hakes'
- Permanent White Gouache - ESSENTIAL
- Your own good quality reference photos of landscape, sketches and so on to work from if preferred. A4 good quality print outs highly recommended.
- Several old jam jars or similar for water mixing and cleaning
- Large palette or old WHITE ceramic plates for mixing your colours
- Your own hairdryer for speeding up the paint drying layers
- Kitchen roll
- your own packed lunch (as lunch is not provided)
- Craft knife or similar
- Soft Graphite pencil or graphite stick (2B or softer recommended)