1 - 2 August 2020 ‘Wild Flower Meadows’ INKTENSE mixed media painting weekend in Derbyshire
Bookings now being taken
The Old House Studio in the Peak District
The old House Studio is set amidst beautiful open scenery in the Longdendale Valley with magnificent views over the Rhodeswood Resevour and surounding moors in the magnificent Peak District.
With farmhouse, annex and fabulous new and modern studio, this peaceful and relaxing haven is perfect for our weekend 'art retreat' weekend where you will learn lots!
Situated 3 miles from Glossop and with some of Derbyshire's best attractions being close by such as Buxton, Castleton, Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall to name but a few, The Old House Studio offers an amazing and unique place to learn new art skills.
Back by popular demand are Derwent Inktense Blocks at Old School House! The weekend is a great opportunity to try out, learn to paint with and follow a 'try before you buy' great painting weekend in these exciting creative workshops.
You will learn how to gain maximum use from this wonderfully versatile Derwent art product as you paint and draw with Blocks and water soluble pencils to create wash, line and texture in your colourful paintings.
The subject over both days is wild flower meadows filled with brilliant colour. Over your two day workshop will teach you how to work in series and work quickly from one to the other keeping the momentum of painting in full flow!
You will learn how to make strong compositions with a bold use of colour, imply detail and expressively paint with loose gestural layering rather than struggle with over complicated detail. Combining paint and pastel you will also learn how to mix colours effectively and utilise surface texture to create eye catching effects.
Suitable for improvers and artists with some previous painting experience as well as artists who want to loosen up their style and be more free and expressive whilst having a great leaning experience together.
Day 1. Saturday 1 August
Wild flower meadows
There is plenty of multi layering and expressive mark making to give depth to your colorful painting as we begin to balance dramatic rich darks and sharp eye catching colour. A great day to learn how to use the new and exciting Derwent Inktense Blocks and pencils in really exciting ways!
Day 2. Sunday 2 August
Wild flower meadows
The second mixed media day brings everyhing together. We continue to use the 'big brush techniques' but concentrate more on suggested detail as well to bring your paintings to conclusion. Learn too how to combine soft pastels with inktense and acrylic inks in a layering process so all media work together in an exciting way to make your paintings stand out from the crowd!
The Old House Studio, woodhead Road, Torside, Glossop, Derbyshire SK13 1HU
Some limited accommodation is available for artists staying the full weekend and for distance travellers. Early booking highly recommended!
From Glossop town centre (A57) take B6105 signposted Barnsley. Proceed approx 3 miles along this road where you will reach a sharp bend called Devil's Elbow and continue for another 500yards. The Old House Studio is situated on the left hand side 50 yards below the road. A warm welcome awaits upon your arrival!
How to Book your workshop and the cost
The price of your workshop is a very generous £160 for the full weekend.
Please contact Joanne or James Crook to book your place directly by calling 01457 857527 or emailing email@example.com to secure your place.
Places are limited to 8 STUDENTS ONLY and there are not many places left so booking right now is highly recommended!
For further information about your workshops contact:
Joanne or James direct or visit http://www.pennine-art.uk/
What will be provided:
- Tea and coffee and light refreshments all day as and when required
- Home cooked food and tasty generous 2 course lunches each day on your workshop
- Regular demonstrations, group and one to one tuition throughout each day
- 24 Inktense blocks per student to trial during the 2 day workshop - returned at the end
- Several sets of Inktense pencils to 'try before you buy' to be shared amongst students. To be returned at the end
- Hassle free paper to purchase for your workshop from Canson Ambassador Robert Dutton at £2.50 per half Imperial sheet and £5 full Imperial sheet if needed
What you will need to bring:
- Large drawing board (size depending on how you like to work)
- Masking tape and bulldog clips
- Your own good quality reference photos (or similar) of seascapes to work from. Some good quality A4 provided to work from but cannot be taken away.
- Canson Moulin du Roy 'not and 'rough' 300gsm (140lb) 100% cotton watercolour paper highly recommended.
- Large watercolour brushes (approximately 'size 30 round'), large Mops, Hakes and so on highly recommended
- Large containers or palettes with wells and water pots to mix your paints
- Permanent White Gouache is ESSENTIAL!
- Scrap paper - A4 envelope size recommended
- kitchen Roll
- Acrylic inks - various colours (students choice)
- An old large 'hog' brush
- Masking fluid
- Don't forget your camera and notebook to record each stage
- Soft pastels - in your own favourite colours in any brand and your choice how many you want to bring