26 - 27 Sept 2017 Watershed Studio, Essex. Expressive Mixed Media Seascape 2 day workshop!
Weekend workshops half full already - better get your skates on!
The Watershed Studio
Watershed Studio, Clacton-on-Sea, Essex
Two fantastic seascape painting workshops (one per day to include a sumptuous lunch) awaits for 2017 at the Watershed Studio, Clacton-on-Sea, Essex. Being so close to the sea (but with the studio set amidst a tranquil rural setting), it's not surprising that we invite award winning expressive artist Robert Dutton (from Yorkshire) known for his amazing atmospheric seascapes, to Watershed Studio, Clacton-on-Sea, to teach you lots and lots over this exciting 2 day art break.
Using watercolour and gouache in combination, on each day you will learn something exciting and new about how to combine these wonderful and versatile media together to create your very own expressive seascapes full of colour, energty and life!
Both workshops are perfect for artists with some experience wanting to take the next step forward with ‘free flowing’ and impressionistic paintings by both drawing and painting at the same time each and every day.
Using big brush techniques and a bold approach, these exciting workshops will teach you the confidence how to control large washes of colour in multiple layers of sumptuous colour whilst at the same time enjoying creative freedom watching your expressive paintings steadliy unfold.
With regular demonstrations, one to one and group tuition throughout each day you will learn lots of different contemporary art techniques to help you really develop as artists.
Important: your own seascape reference to work from (photos, sketches and so on) are highly recommended as those provided on the day to use cannot be taken away.
By Car. Watershed Studio is located at St Clere's Hall Lane, St Osyth, Clacton on Sea, Essex, CO16 8RX From the A12 you need to take the A120, signposted to Harwich, then the A133 turn-off to Clacton. St Osyth is approx 8 miles east of Colchester and 4 miles west of Clacton on Sea on the north Essex coast.
By train. Clacton on Sea is the nearest station from which taxis or buses can be taken to the village.
The studio and all facilities are on one level and there is plenty of parking directly outside.
For further information visit http://www.watershedstudio.co.uk/how2findus.html or give Alison a call directly on 01255 820466
Your value 2 day workshop is £160
For students travelling long distances and in need of local accommodation, a wide range of hotels, guest houses and travel lodges can be found within a few minutes’ drive from the studio. Contact Alison for more information and advice.
How to Book your workshops
Telephone Alison on 01255 820466 or Email email@example.com for all enquires.
Lunch and all refreshments are included. Please advise Alison of any particular dietary requirements when booking.
For further information about your workshops contact
Alison Bond, Watershed Studio St Clere's Hall Lane, St Osyth, Clacton on Sea, Essex, CO16 8RX
Tel: 01255 820466
What will be provided:
- A wonderful buffet lunch together with tea, coffee and biscuits are available throughout the day on both workshops
- Some photographic reference for you to work from (but bringing your own is highly recommended)
- Watershed Studio have a few easels and table easels and plenty of boards but bring your own easel if preferred
What you will need to bring:
- Fixative (not hairspray!).
- 300gsm (140lb) watercolour paper. 100% cotton/rag content papers highly recommended. Large drawing board, An easel of your choice.
- Masking tape, bulldog clips to attach your work to your board
- White ceramic plates (3 or 4) on which to mix your paints with several old jam jars for clean water mixing or similar colour mixing equipment
- Watercolour, gouache to include Permanent white gouache as tube paints - essential! DO NOT bring watercolour pans please!
- Your own good quality reference photos of seascapes, sketches and so on to work from A4 print outs - highly recommended.
- Don't forget your camera
- Large watercolour brushes such as Mops, Flats, Hakes and so on
- Soft and hard pastels as a mixture of colours (any brand for both types but Unison, Sennelier and Rembrandt are highly recommended)