29 November ‘Glowing Autumn Colours’ Mixed media workshop Bardsey Village Hall
Bookings now being taken
Bardsey Village Hall
Bardsey Village Hall is situated in beautiful countryside alongside the A58 road a few miles south west of the market town of Wetherby. The hall has recently been refurbished and is spacious, warm, well lit and has plenty of free parking. The hall is easy to get to being a short distance from junction 45 on the A1(M).
'Glowing Autumn Colours' workshop 29 November '19
9.30am - 4.30pm
This great workshop provides you with the ideal opportunity to explore glorious Autumn painting one of your favourite Autumn subjects with a free and expressive painting approach.
Many students choose 'woodland', a 'leafy autumn lane' a 'Yorkshire village bathed in Autumn sunlight', 'a landscape view with lots of trees' or 'reflections in a river or lake' - just some of the subjects to choose from. You might have something completely different in mind in which case, bring that along and I will teach you how to paint it!
The Maimeri watercolour paints provided for you to use in the class are professional watercolour paints. The great range of colours and high permanation mean that colours in your paintings stay super clean and radient. They work really well on all sorts of different papers and surfaces to including the top class Canson Moulin du Roy Watercolour 100% cotton watercolour paper you will be working on during this workshop.
Combining watercolour glazes as radient layerers of paint finished with soft and hard pastel techniques, you will create a painting that not only teaches you watercolour techniques and colour mixing but pastel techniques too as you exploring many different creative and surface textured effects in your loose and expressive glowing Autumn painting.
Expert tuition teaching you indepth techniques with demonstrations, group and one to one tuition throughout the day using these professional watercolours and top class watercolour paper to help you create a painting full of expression, warm and glowing colours with real impact!
The workshop is aimed at artists with some experience and improvers who wish to try a loose and more expressive approach
Class restricted to 18 students only to ensure maximum tuition for each student throughout the day.
Workshops such as this sell out quickly so early booking is highly recommended!
How to book
To book your place please click on the link provided at the bottom of the page (secure payment facility via paypal) or if preferred to pay by cheque or another means, please contact me directly on 0113 2252481 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Loction and venue
Bardsey Village Hall is situated in the centre of the picturesque village of Bardsey alongside the A58 road a few miles South West of the market town of Wetherby and close to junction 46 from the A1. The hall has modern facilities with good lighting and easy on site parking with no car parking fees!
Bardsey Village Hall, Woodacre Lane, Leeds LS17 9DG
For further information needed about this exciting workshop please contact me on 0113 2252481 or email email@example.com
What will be provided:
- A wide variety of Maimeri watercolour paints for every student to use on the day.
- Regular demonstrations, group and one to one expert tuition throughout the day
- Tea and coffee and light refreshments provided throughout the day
- CANSON Moulin du Roy 300gsm (140lb) 'not' 100% cotton watercolour paper half Imperial sheet each
- Canson Moulin du Roy Watercolour paper available to buy if required at the end of your workshop (subject to availability). £2.50 half imperial sheet or £5 full imperial sheet if you need any more to take home. Many students do!
What you will need to bring:
- Your own photographs or reference to work from is advisable but some can be provided for you to work from if you wish (to be returned at the end of the workshop). Autumn themes!
- Drawing board to support your choice of paper size you bring with you
- Masking tape or bulldog clips to fasten your paper to the board
- Choice of large and medium size wells to mix your watercolours
- At least 3 large mixing jars/pots (for clean water)
- Kitchen roll
- A packed lunch AS LUNCH IS NOT PROVIDED!
- Bring your camera - you may want to take photos as a reminder of the different stages demonstrated in the workshop
- Your own 100% rag content watercolour paper 300lb (140lb) 'not' highly recommended (or you may choose to buy at the workshop)
- Please bring a dust sheet if you work vertically from an easel
- Wooden table easel or metal upright easel to work from as you with. Demonstration will work upright and on the table in this workshop. You may like to do the same
- Permanent White gouache - ESSENTIAL!
- Large watercolour brushes - the larger the better! At lease 2 inch flats please if you can. Highly recommended is the Pro Arte Series 106 One Stroke 2 inch flat for example.
- A choice of other large and small sized brushes to include Large Swordliner. Chinese brushes and mops highly recommended but bring what you can.
- An old hog brush for texture effects
- Soft and hard pastels - any choice, any brand but Royal Talens and Unison Colour highly recommended
- Fixative (any brand)