8/9 June 2019 ‘Woodland Colours and flowing water’ Norfolk Creative Arts mixed media weekend
Early booking highly recommended on this 'try before you buy Derwent Inktense' and value for money creative weekend with Norfolk Creative Arts
Norfolk Creative Arts
Norfolk creative Arts is a renowned creative art school based in a grade II listed former junior school in the village of Grimston in West Norfolk. Hans had the vision to open Norfolk Creative Arts in 2011.
Following a careful restoraton to bring the building back to life after being neglected for several years, Hans who studied Fine Art at Goldsmiths and then Fine Art and Theatre at Brighton University with over 10 years experience as an events manager for a top London event company. He has created a centre of creative excellence in Norfolk which is perfect for your own artistic development with me as your tutor in this superb North Norfofk arts venue.
Norfolk Creative Arts are pleased to invite professional award winning artist Robert Dutton back to our studio for another exciting painting weekend! Roberts’ expert tuition, creative knowledge and sense of humour has proved very popular with students here at Norfolk creative Arts. His enthusiasm and energy for his subject and mentoring certainly creates great results from all who attend his workshops.
Being a Derwent Associate Artist this 'Woodland Colours and flowing water’ workshop is a unique opportunity for you paint with Robert using the brand new versatile medium of Derwent Inktense which allows the artist to paint and draw at the same time with this permanent medium.
Derwent Art materials support this workshop and have generously provided every student who attends with a 24 coloured set each of Derwent Inktense blocks to work with during the workshop and several sets of inktense pencils too to share amongst students too. An ideal opportunity to 'try before you buy’ using this fantastic media to create very colourful Autumn woodland paintings indeed!
Day 1 Saturday 8 June
Woodland sunlight and shadows
Learn the techniques to mix clean sharp foliage greens, deep rich intriguing shadows in a multI-layered woodland painting dancing with light. Learn how to create free flowing wash effects layered with semi-opaque and opaque marks, pastel techniques and so much more which will bring your painting to life.
Day 2 Sunday 9 June
Woodland and river reflections
A two in one workshop were you will learn exciting techniques to create and ambient impressionistic scene with woodland trees together with creative techniques depicting deep reflections in a gently moving river with quiet tranquil pools.
A little more about the derwent Inktense
Derwent Inktense Blocks and pencils are unique as a media and VERY POPULAR amongst all sorts of artists of different levels of ability. They provide permanent colours in your paintings so washes stay super clean and radiant. They work really well on all sorts of different papers and surfaces which you will find out when you come to the workshop weekend. You can use the media like pastels (but with less dust), blending and drawing colours over and into one another, use the media thinly to create watercolour like washes for glazing, use the media opaquely with white gouache to create rich opaque layers of paint and so much more, which Robert will teach you.
With expert tuition throughout each day from Robert who will show you many different techniques in regular demonstrations, group and one to one tuition sessions, each student will be guided through the necessary steps to create your very own paintings full of colour, movement and light.
The weekend workshop is aimed at artists with some previous painting experience and improvers who wish to learn a much looser more expressive style of painting.
How to book and further enquiries
To book your place please contact Hans on 01485 240420 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
or to book directly online please visit https://www.norfolkcreativearts.co.uk/
Church Hill School, 71 Gayton Rd, Grimston PE32 1BG
What will be provided:
- Each student will be provided with a full set of 24 Derwent Inktense blocks to use during the workshop. An opportunity to buy Derwent Inktense blocks and pencils (subject to availability) at discount prices at the end of the workshop
- Drawing boards and Easels
- Regular demonstrations, group and one to one expert tuition throughout the day
- CANSON Moulin du Roy 300gsm (140lb) 'not' 100% cotton watercolour paper available to buy if required at £2.50 half imperial sheet or £5 full imperial sheet
- A selection of several Derwent Inktense coloured pencils sets in 24 colours to share between all students throughout the workshop
- All refreshments and a 2 course lunch each day
What you will need to bring:
- Your own favourite brushes - the larger the better to include large Chinese brushes, 2 inch flats, large mops, size 30 rounds and Large Swordliner highly recommended
- Masking fluid and old A4 photocopier paper (or similar)
- Canson Moulin du Roy 300gsm (140lb) 'not' watercolour paper highly recommended. As Robert is a UK Canson Ambassador you can purchase your pastel paper directly from Robert on the day if you wish. £5 per full Imperial Sheet
- Protective sheet of folder to secure your painting from damage on the way home
- White old ceramic plates on which to mix your INKS (or similar)
- Your own good quality reference photos of seascapes, sketches and so on to work from. A4 good quality printouts highly recommended. Some provided but have to be returned at the end of the workshop
- Masking tape or bulldog clips to fasten your paper to the board
- Kitchen roll
- Choice of large and medium size wells to mix your Derwent Inktense colours
- Permanent White gouache - ESSENTIAL!
- An old hog brush for texture effects with Fluid Derwent Inktense washes
- Soft Graphite stick or pencil ( recommended 4B)
- Scrap paper (eg A4 printer paper etc)
- Your own camera, iPad or phone.
- Notebook and pen