8 May ‘19 ‘Artwaves’ Coastal Textures Mixed Media Workshop
A popular workshop which sells out quickly as proven in previous years. Immediate booking highly recommended as soon as places become available
Wednesday 8 May 2019.
'Expressive coastal textures'.
10am - 4.30pm at Bridlington Spa 'Artwaves Festival'
Learn how to paint a wonderful expressive mixed media painting expressing low tide beach textures in stunning coastal light with watercolour, gouache and soft and hard pastels in a multi layered painting.
Utilising the natural texture of Canson Moulin du Roy 'not' 300gsm (140lb) watercolour paper, learn how to combine lots of different media together using spontanious marks to create a really exciting atmospheric end result.
Using big brushes and expressive mark making techniques this great workshop will help you quickly gain confidence and control with clean colour mixing by both drawing and painting at the same time with brush, paint and pastel.
We will be using gravity to paint with as well in this workshop - working wertically, tipping the board, angling it and so on so this workshop is not for the timid or faint hearted! The emphasis is on the experimental, working with the marks you create, having flexibility with yourself to work with your painting to take a different direction than first anticipated or planned and thus making the painting more exciting as a result!
With regular demonstrations, one to one and group tuition throughout your workshop will learn lots to help you really develop as an artist working with like minded friendly people throughout the day.
Suitable for improvers and artists with some previous painting experience who want to loosen up their style and be more free and very expressive!
The Spa Bridlington, South Marine Drive, Bridlington. East Riding of Yorkshire YO15 3JH
By train:The nearest main railway station in the centre of Bridlington is not far away with The Spa Bridlington being a short walk away from the railway station and is really easy to get to.
By bus: Please check Bridlington travel websites for bus routes across the East Riding.
By car: Bridlington offers many park and ride sites, there is on street parking around the venue and a host of town centre car parks all within 10 minutes walk from the venue. - Map Attached.
How to Book your workshop and the cost
The price of your workshop is a very generous £24.50 ONLY (due to sponsorship).
FOR ENQUIRES FOR TICKETS PLEASE CONTACT BRIDLIGTON SPA BOX OFFICE DIRECT
Please Book through the online box office system at www.thespabridlington.com or call 'The Spa' Bridlington on 01262 678258 or email email@example.com to book your place.
Places are limited to a maximum of 15 students only.
Please use this link to book this workshop
For further information about your workshops contact:
ArtWaves Festival Team on 01262 678258
What will be provided:
- Light refreshments are included throughout the workshop. However, please be advised to bring your own packed lunch. Cafe also on site at The Spa, Bridlington with a selection of hot and cold food available to purchase.
What you will need to bring:
- Large drawing board (size depending on how you like to work)
- Masking tape
- Your own good quality reference photos of low tide with rocks and textures to work from. A4 good quality print outs highly recommended. Some will be provided to work from but have to be returned at the end of the workshop.
- Canson Moulin du Roy 'rough' 300gsm (140lb) watercolour paper highly recommended. As Robert is a UK Canson Ambassador you can purchase your paper directly from Robert on the day if you wish. £5 per sheet 22 x 30 inches full Imperial
- Gouache and/or Watercolour TUBE PAINTS (your own favourite colours).
- Large watercolour brushes (approximately 'size 30 round'), large Mops, Hakes and so on highly recommended
- Large containers or palletes with large wells to mix your paints
- Permanent White Gouache is ESSENTIAL!
- Medium sized old ceramic WHITE PLATES on which to mix your paints (or similar)
- An easel of your choice HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
- Old jam jars or water storage containers for colour mixing
- Separate containers for PAINT POURING - eg. washed out yoghurt pots will do
- Scrap paper - A4 envelope size recommended
- An old hog brush
- A THICK DUST SHEET IS ESSENTIAL! Maybe you want to bring an apron too!
- Masking fluid - ESSENTIAL!
- Note book and camera (if you want to bring for notations both written and visual)
- Protective folder to take your work home
- Soft and hard pastels - highly recommended Unisoncolour and Royal Talens Rembrandt. Colour choice and quantity your own decision