9 February 2018 ‘Coast and Tidal Textures’- Liquid Graphite and XL Blocks workshop
A popular value for money exciting workshop so early booking highly recommended to secure your place!
Bardsey Village Hall
Bardsey Village Hall is situated in beautiful countryside alongside the A58 road a few miles south west of the market town of Wetherby. The hall has recently been refurbished and is spacious, warm, well lit and has plenty of free parking. The hall is easy to get to being a short distance from junction 45 on the A1(M).
Friday 9 February 2018 ‘Coast and Tidal Textures'
Liquid Graphite and XL Blocks workshop
9.30am - 4.30pm
This exhilarating expressive mixed media drawing and painting coastal workshop teaches you how to combine the brand new 'wallace Seymour Liquid Graphite' colours and 'Derwent Graphite XL Blocks' for exciting new ways of working adding a greater depth of expression to your work!
Both types of creative media are some of the very latest products on the market - Pip Seymour Liquid Graphite colours are made from powdered graphite, which is combined with a water-based, re-soluble suspension and can be used like paint or ink, can be layered in washes and dries in unique ways adding a new dimension to your work.
Derwent XL Blocks give the Artist the ability to cover large areas easily and quickly with unique colours that can’t be found anywhere else. With the graphite blocks being watersoluble they give the artist another dimension to work with and allows them to paint with the blocks as well. Nothing else on the market had these properties for these types of products.
Derwent XL Graphite blocks contain clay, graphite, coloured pigment and binders and act like big chunky pastels in the hand - perfect when combined with the wash effects of Wallace Seymour Liquid Graphite colours.
In combination, these are exciting materials to work with to create with - as you will find out when you come!
Level of ability
The workshop is aimed at artists with some previous experience (sorry, not suitable for pure beginners) and those who wish to become more expressive with their painting approach and who want to loosen up their style exploring different media in depth.
More about your workshop
Your workshop will start at 9.30am and finish at 4.30pm
'Wallace Seymour Fine Art Products' and 'Derwent' both support the workshop with their top class products.
As a UK Canson Ambassador 'Canson Paper' also support the workshop with their unique brand of papers.
Class numbers restricted to 18 students for maximum learning potential for all participants
How to book
To book your place please click on the link provided at the bottom of the page (secure payment facility via paypal) or if preferred to pay by cheque or another means, please contact me directly on 0113 2252481 or email me at email@example.com
Bardsey Village Hall is situated in the centre of the lovely village of Bardsey just a short distance alongside the A58 road a few miles south west of the market town of Wetherby. Bardsey is easily reached from junction 45 from the A1(M) being only 10 minutes away after your turn off following the A659 and turning left along the A58.
With great facilities at the hall and the easy (free) on site parking, the hall is a popular with all art students being warm with good lighting and new improved modern facilities.
Address: Bardsey Village Hall, Woodacre Lane, Leeds LS17 9DG
For any further information about the exciting workshop ahead please contact me directly on 0113 2252481 (studio) or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about Wallace Seymour Fine Art Products visit https://www.wallaceseymour.co.uk
To learn more about Derwent Fine Art Products visit https://www.derwentart.com/en/gb/home
What will be provided:
- Full set of Derwent XL Graphite Blocks for use on the day
- Pip Seymour Liquid Graphite 125ml bottles in the following 4 colours: Intense Grey, Cuddly Brown, Shimmer Glimmer, Magic Lapis - all to take home! (RRP £44.60!).
- Canson 'Moulin du Roy' 100% 'not' rag content 300gsm (140lb) watercolour paper - the perfect surface and texture for your expressive mixed media drawing - Half Imperial provided (RRP £2.50).
- Regular demonstrations, one to one and group tuition throughout the day
- Tea, coffee and a range of biscuits available throughout the day
- Some good quality coastal photographic reference to work from (to be returned at the end of the workshop) or, bring your own reference if preffered
What you will need to bring:
- Your own favourite watercolour brushes - the bigger the better!
- A drawing board - to the size you'd like to work to. Suggested size - at least Half Imperial 22 x 15 inches
- A palette with large wells (or similar) for thinned Liquid graphite
- Kitchen Roll
- Containers for water and your brushes
- Masking tape
- Fixative (any brand) NOT HAIRSPRAY!
- Scrap paper. Photocopier paper or similar will do - plenty of it!
- White soft pastel (any brand). Suggested Unisoncolour and Royal Talens Rembrandt whites.
- An easel - table or free standing depending on how you want to work.
- A dust sheet to protect the floor if you are working upright from an easel
- Please bring your own lunch as this is not provided. The local pub in the village 'The Bingley Arms' if preferred - www.bingleyarms.co.uk
- Graphite sticks highly recommended to bring
- An eraser (several of your favourites) highly recommended
- Your own low tide and tidal textures reference to work from or if preferred. Some reference is provided but must be returned at the end of the workshop as it cannot be taken away.
- Notebook and camera to record proceedings (if you'd like)
- A protective cover or similar to secure your painting from damage and smudging on your way home