June 2018 ‘Norfolk Creative Arts’ Grand 3 day contemporary painting mixed media weekend!
Very popular workshops so early booking highly recommended!
Norfolk Creative Arts
Norfolk creative Arts is a renown creative art school based in a grade II listed former junior school in the village of Grimston in West Norfolk. The two chaps who run the show Hans and Sean had the vision to open Norfolk Creative Arts in 2011.
Following a careful restoraton to bring the building back to life after being neglected for several years, Hans (who studied Fine Art at Goldsmiths and then Fine Art and Theatre at Brighton University with over 10 years experience as an events manager for a top London event company) and Sean (with 20 years customer service experience and managing teams within the financial and charity sector), have both created a centre of excellence in Norfolk - perfect for your own artistic development with me as your tutor in this superb creative arts venue.
This exciting mixed media 3 day painting weekend with 'Norfolk Creative Arts' has something for everyone! You will learn how to creating 'free flowing' expressive contemporary Norfolk landscapes with different media each and every day which, once again, is set to inspire!
You will learn how to create bold, colourful and dramatic mixed media paintings on a large scale filled with atmosphere and light in all three exciting extended weekend studio workshops.
With an emphasis on the 'big skies and marshes' of Norfolk and surrounding landscapes where 'the land meets the sea', your expressive ideas will transpire beyond the figurative to semi-abstract paintings with real meaning, exciting marks and great depth.
Learn how to change the 'ordinary' into the 'extraodinary' by using landscape photos and sketches (such as those shown) to create stunning landscapes with a contemporary edge with eye catching layering and surface textures
You will lean new exciting mixed media techniques combining acrylic inks, metallic inks with gouache and watercolour paints with soft pastel to create richly layered paintings throughout the entire creatively exciting weekend.
On Friday only we concentrate on 'all things acrylic' and will work on board (mount board, mdf board) creating our richly layered 'big sky and marshes' Norfolk landscape paintings. A superb day for dedicated acrylic painters (or those who want to explore the media) to learn how to become more expressive with the media in lots of exciting new ways!
The full extended weekend of workshops are suitable for improvers and artists with some experience who wish to become more expressive developing their own personal style or loosen up their painting approach with lots of different media combined.
Fabulous extended weekend workshops creating paintings with real depth, expression...way beyond the 'chocolate box' approach!
Several exciting demonstrations in stages each and every day to help you delevop your paintings in style
Regular one to one and group tuition throughout each day
A great to get away from it all extended painting weekend discovering something really new with lots of different award winning art techniques
Class numbers restricted to 12 students only to ensure maximum learning ability for all so early booking is highly recommended!
How to book
To book your place and for help with accommodation please contact Norfolk Creative Arts directly on 01485 240 420 or email Hans at email@example.com
Norfolk Creative Arts, Grimston Church Hill School, 71, Gayton Rd, Grimston PE32 1BG
For any further information needed about the creative aspects of your special painting weekend with Norfolk Creative Arts, please contact me direct on 0113 2252481 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your queries. Thank you.
What will be provided:
- Expert one to one and group tuition throughout each workshop
- Two course gourmet lunch each and every day
- Excellent studio facilities for your rewarding superb extended weekend painting days
- Regular tea, coffee and light refreshment breaks (to include home made cakes!) every day
- Some painting reference for you to use each day (although, realistically you may choose to bring your own to paint from)
- Easels and drawing boards provided
- Mixing pots provided
- Paper needed to be purchased from Robert (UK Canson Ambassador at discount) if desired
What you will need to bring:
- A mixed range of soft and hard pastels (not oil pastels please)
- Your favourite watercolour and gouache paints (professional brands such as Royal Talens Rembrandt and Van Gogh highly recommended)
- Large watercolour brushes (essential) eg size 30 round and 2 inch flats. The larger the better!
- A range of ACRYLIC inks to include metallics. Colours of your choice. Royal Talens acrylic inks highly recommended (optional)
- Full sheet imperial sized 100% rag content watercolour paper 300gms (140lb) 'rough' and 'not' to paint on. Canson Moulin du Roy highly recommended
- Pastel fixative
- Masking fluid, masking tape, kitchen roll
- Notebook and camera
- Old white ceramic plates and containers on which to mix your paint
- several old jam jars (or similar) for clean water mixing
- Bulldog clips and masking tape
- Kitchen roll
- For DAY 1 (Friday 15 June) please bring - gesso, palette knives, hog brushes, mdf board or mount board (your choice of size) and acrylic paints (Royal Talens Amsterdam 'Expert' series highly recommended) as well as your usual acrylic painting equipment