NEW! 5/6 August 2017 Mixed media in the Peak District!
Last 3 places now left!
The Old House Studio in the Peak District
The old House Studio is set amidst beautiful open scenery in the Longdendale Valley with magnificent views over the Rhodeswood Resevour and surounding moors in the magnificent Peak District.
With farmhouse, annex and fabulous new and modern studio, this peaceful and relaxing haven is perfect for our weekend 'art retreat' weekend where you will learn lots!
Situated 3 miles from Glossop and with some of Derbyshire's best attractions being close by such as Buxton, Castleton, Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall to name but a few, The Old House Studio offers an amazing and unique place to learn new art skills.
BRAND NEW for Summer 2017 are two amazing and great back to back mixed media weekend workshops in the heart of the Peak District. You will learn lots of expressive skills combining watercolour/gouache, acrylic inks and pastel to create stunning mixed media moorland paintings full of life and have a fablous time too!
Using big brushes and expressive mark making techniques, these great workshops will help you quickly gain confidence and control with paint and pastel to create a painting filled with plenty of expression!
With easy to follow and relaxed regular demonstrations, one to one and group tuition throughout each workshop you will learn lots to help you really develop as an artists with like minded friendly people each and every day.
Suitable for improvers and artists with some previous painting experience as well as artists who want to loosen up their style and be more free and expressive whilst having a great leaning experience together.
The Old House Studio, woodhead Road, Torside, Glossop, Derbyshire SK13 1HU
Some limited accommodation is available for artists staying the full weekend and for distance travellers. Early booking highly recommended!
From Glossop town centre (A57) take B6105 signposted Barnsley. Proceed approx 3 miles along this road where you will reach a sharp bend called Devil's Elbow and continue for another 500yards. The Old House Studio is situated on the left hand side 50 yards below the road. A warm welcome awaits upon your arrival!
How to Book your workshop and the cost
The price of your workshop is a very generous £160 for the full weekend.
Please contact Joanne or James Crook to book your place directly by calling 01457 857527 or emailing email@example.com to secure your place.
Places are limited to 10 STUDENTS ONLY so early booking highly recommended!
For further information about your workshops contact:
Joanne or James direct or visit http://www.pennine-art.uk/
What you will need to bring:
- Hard and soft pastels - Rembrandt and Unison Colour highly recommended
- Fixative (not hairspray!)
- Large drawing board (size depending on how you like to work)
- Masking tape
- Your own good quality reference photos (or similar) of moorland to work from. Some good quality A4 provided to work from but cannot be taken away.
- Canson Moulin du Roy 'not 300gsm (140lb) 100% cotton watercolour paper highly recommended.
- Gouache and/or Watercolour TUBE PAINTS (your own favourite colours). Pan paints in any watercolour box will not do!!
- Large watercolour brushes (approximately 'size 30 round'), large Mops, Hakes and so on highly recommended
- Large containers or pallates with large wells to mix your paints
- Permanent White Gouache is ESSENTIAL!
- Medium sized old ceramic WHITE PLATES on which to mix your paints (or similar)
- Water storage containers for colour mixing
- Scrap paper - A4 envelope size recommended
- kitchen Roll
- Acrylic inks - Various colours. Royal Talens Ecoline highly recommended.
- An old large 'hog' brush