Norfolk creative Arts is a renowned creative art school based in a grade II listed former junior school in the village of Grimston in West Norfolk. Hans had the vision to open Norfolk Creative Arts in 2011.
Following a careful restoraton to bring the building back to life after being neglected for several years, Hans who studied Fine Art at Goldsmiths and then Fine Art and Theatre at Brighton University with over 10 years experience as an events manager for a top London event company. He has created a centre of creative excellence in Norfolk which is perfect for your own artistic development with me as your tutor in this superb North Norfofk arts venue.
I'm delighted to be returning to Norfolk Creative Arts for another great Summer season of expressive MIXED MEDIA painting and teaching. This time celebrating one of natures most glorious colours - YELLOW!
Day 1 Saturday 13 June
Yellow as a colour brings life and energy to any painting. With two very different paintings in mind over this exciting creative weekend we focus on day one with a wild flower meadow containing lots of wild flowers being right there amongst them rather than a distant view. You will learn how to make strong compositions with a bold use of colour, imply detail and expressively paint it with loose gestural layering rather than struggle with over complicated detail. Combining paint and pastel you will also learn how to mix colours effectively and utilise surface texture to create eye catching effects.
Day 2 Sunday 14 June
Brilliant Yellow Rapeseed Fields
Continuing with our celebration of natures glorious colour of yellow, in this workshop we will be expressively painting yellow rapeseed fields. Those wonderous flashes of yellow bring such an uplift to a any composition they just have to be painted! I will teach you how to paint with expression both close up detail and distant colour to create a painting with real depth and texture and dazling colour so your painting has real presence and vitality to it.
During both workshops you will also learn how to create free flowing wash effects with layered water colour/gouach, acrylic inks learning how to create translucent, semi-opaque and opaque marks with drawn and layered pastel techniques at al the right stages to create paintings you will be thrilled that you attended and created!
With expert tuition throughout each day from Robert who will show you many different techniques in regular demonstrations, group and one to one tuition sessions, each student will be guided through the necessary steps to create your very own paintings full of colour, movement and light.
The weekend workshop is aimed at artists with some previous painting experience and improvers who wish to learn a much looser more expressive style of painting.
Cost of your 2 day workshop is £220
How to book and further enquiries
To book your place please contact Hans on 01485 240420 or email email@example.com
or to book directly online please visit https://www.norfolkcreativearts.co.uk/
Church Hill School, 71 Gayton Rd, Grimston PE32 1BG
What will be provided:
- Each student will be provided with a full set of 24 Derwent Inktense blocks to use during the workshop. An opportunity to buy Derwent Inktense blocks and pencils (subject to availability) at discount prices at the end of the workshop
- Drawing boards and Easels
- Regular demonstrations, group and one to one expert tuition throughout the day
- CANSON Moulin du Roy 300gsm (140lb) 'not' 100% cotton watercolour paper available to buy if required at £2.50 half imperial sheet or £5 full imperial sheet
- A selection of several Derwent Inktense coloured pencils sets in 24 colours to share between all students throughout the workshop
- All refreshments and a 2 course lunch each day
What you will need to bring:
- Your own favourite brushes - the larger the better to include large Chinese brushes, 2 inch flats, large mops, size 30 rounds and Pro Arte Large Swordliner highly recommended
- Masking fluid and old A4 photocopier paper (or similar)
- Canson Moulin du Roy 300gsm (140lb) 'not' watercolour paper highly recommended. As Robert is a UK Canson Ambassador you can purchase your paper directly from Robert on the day if you wish. £5 per full Imperial Sheet
- Protective sheet of folder to secure your painting from damage on the way home
- White old ceramic plates on which to mix your paints
- Your own good quality reference photos of rapeseed fields and wild flower meadows (eg buttercups or similar) and so on to work from. A4 good quality printouts highly recommended. Some provided but have to be returned at the end of the workshop
- Masking tape or bulldog clips to fasten your paper to the board
- Kitchen roll
- Choice of large and medium size wells to mix your paints
- Permanent White gouache - ESSENTIAL!
- An old hog brush for texture effects with Fluid Derwent Inktense washes
- Soft Graphite stick or pencil ( recommended 4B)
- Scrap paper (eg A4 printer paper etc)
- Your own camera, iPad or phone.
- Notebook and pen